Current 6th graders going into 7th
Current 7th grader going into 8th grade
eLearning Student Expectations
This document was emailed to all middle school students this morning.
eLearning Student Expectations
The Indiana Department of Education has given Maconaquah School corporation special consideration to hold school virtually when the weather does not permit students physical attendance. eLearning is a privilege and with this privilege comes responsibility for our students. Listed below are expectations of students during ALL eLearning opportunities.
Written Assignments and LIVE Google Meets:
Teachers will post all written assignments by 8:00 AM the morning of eLearning in google classroom. On eLearning days classroom teachers will also provide a link to direct instruction Google Meets, Teachers will provide a 10-15 minutes direct instruction lesson that is aligned to Indiana State Standards and the Maconaquah curriculum maps. Teachers will also allow for 10-15 minutes of Q&A if needed during this virtual meeting.
These meets will be recorded and archived in Google Classroom.
Attendance for live Meets is required.
- Complete all work! Below are guidelines on deadlines.
- The preferred deadline is 3:00PM on the date of eLearning. This will give you time to check with teachers if you have questions. Make every effort to submit all work by 3:00 PM
- If you need extra help or your parents would like to help you with your work, please have your work submitted by midnight.
- If you do not have internet or are having internet issues, submit all work by 8:30 AM when we return to school. This will take effort on your part to get assignment information before leaving school when inclement weather is forecasted.
- Contact Tech support with technology issues
- 765-689-9131 extension 5999
- Tech support is available from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Contact individual teachers with questions on the assignment. Teachers are available from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM during eLearning days
- Email is the preferred method of contacting teachers. A list of teacher email addresses are posted on the MMS website.
- If you cannot use email, please use your teachers phone extension. Teacher phone extensions are listed on the same link as their email addresses. Leave a message with your first and last name and phone number or an email address and the teacher will contact you!
- Use of Google Classroom and email attachments to submit assignments.
- All students have had a demonstration on how to use email and Google Classroom. If you have questions on how to use this technology, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your teachers!
- Connect to your home WIFI often not just on eLearning days!
- The main tech issue is with students connecting to their home WIFI. If you have issues with this there are three quick fixes you should try prior to calling tech support.
- Restart your computer
- Reboot your wireless router
- Remove the battery from your laptop for 30 seconds and then restart your laptop.
During the last 3 years, Maconaquah Middle School went through an extensive process of changing our grading system to standards-based reporting format. Last year this format was piloted in the core subjects. Teachers used scales and benchmarks assessments to better measure and track student learning in the classroom. I am proud of the teacher's dedication to this process. During the 2019-2020 school year, all classes will be graded using a 0-4 based on the scales developed over the last few years. To help you learn more about the standards-based reporting system we have created and posted 4 videos. Scales for each course will be posted at the same link. Copy and pasted the link below in your address bar to view these informational videos and scales. You can also view the information in written form in the 2019-2020 student handbook.